CT REIT’s commitment to ensuring the safety and security of all personal information obtained is governed by the following privacy principles:
CT REIT is responsible for all personal information under its control including any personal information that is transferred to third parties for processing, storage or other purposes.
- Identifying Purposes
CT REIT may collect, use and disclose your personal information in order to provide you with the services offered by CT REIT, including but not limited to, leasing, property management, making available this Web Site and investment information, communicating with you, and to achieve other purposes as may, from time to time, be permitted by law and necessary for CT REIT’s business activities.
CT REIT will obtain consent to collect, use or disclose personal information either by directly requesting it, or consent may be implied by conduct in providing the information to CT REIT. The method of obtaining consent will be appropriate to the type of personal information being collected, used or disclosed:
- Express consent (either oral or written) will be obtained for sensitive personal information.
- Implied consent may be taken for less sensitive information, where one or more of the following apply:
- A relationship already exists;
- Express consent has previously been given;
- The purpose of using the personal information is reasonably apparent.
- CT REIT will not disclose personal information to any third party without your written consent, unless it is required by law to do so or as otherwise required for the agreed upon purpose.
- Limiting Collection
CT REIT collects only the personal information necessary for the identified purpose. CT REIT will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
CT REIT uses and discloses personal information only for the identified purposes. If any personal information is shared with third parties, these third parties are bound by appropriate agreements with CT REIT to secure and protect the confidentiality of this personal information.
CT REIT retains personal information only as long as it is required for the identified purposes or as required by applicable federal and provincial laws.
CT REIT may use service providers located outside of Canada, and, if applicable, your personal information may be processed and stored in other countries and therefore may be subject to disclosure under the laws of those countries.
CT REIT is committed to maintaining the accuracy of personal information for as long as it is being used. CT REIT will make best efforts to ensure that all personal information in its possession is kept up to date, accurate and relevant for its intended use. An individual may request access to their personal information that CT REIT has on record in order to review and correct the information, as appropriate.
CT REIT takes steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
- Physical security measures such as restricted access facilities and locked filing cabinets;
- Electronic security measures for computerized personal information such as password protection, database encryption and personal identification numbers;
- Limiting individual access to personal information to only those persons with a need for this information in the performance of their duties; contractual obligations obtained from third parties who require access to personal information.
CT REIT is committed to providing information about our policy and practices related to the management of personal information. This policy is available at all times on the CT REIT Web Site, www.ctreit.com.
- Individual Access
Individuals can request to review and verify the accuracy and completeness, and request that changes be made to their personal information retained by CT REIT by contacting the CT REIT Privacy Office (contact details outlined below).
- CT REIT responds to questions, concerns and complaints about privacy
CT REIT will respond in a timely manner to questions, concerns and complaints regarding the privacy of personal information in its control and its privacy policies and procedures. Please refer to the contact information outlined below.
CT REIT Privacy Office Contact Information:
CT Real Estate Investment Trust Privacy Office
c/o Canadian Tire Privacy Office
2180 Yonge Street
P.O. Box 770 Stn. K